Care Coordination Specialist
Annual Salary: $45,000 – $47,500
Description: The Care Coordination Specialist is responsible for overseeing the care coordination programs within CFCHS’ network. This position must track referrals and service delivery by working closely with Care Coordinators among the subcontractors to ensure that the consumer’s behavioral needs are met. The Specialist will also provide technical assistance to the Care Coordinators, assess and address quality of care issues, and monitor subcontractor compliance with contract.
- Master’s degree in a social service field, or humanities
- Licensed as a Mental Health Counselor (LMHC), Social Worker, Marriage and Family Counselor, or related field licensure preferred
- Minimum of one year experience working in a behavioral health environment
- Experience working in a not-for-profit or government behavioral health business a plus
Essential Job Functions
- Oversee the care coordination programs within the network to ensure subcontractor compliance with the CFCHS care coordination
- Manage and track referrals and service delivery, ensure that the treatment recommendations are implemented effectively and addresses the consumer’s
- Provide information and technical assistance to network providers in managing the care of individuals served through the network.
- Work closely with the Care Coordinators within the subcontractor to assess the consumer’s needs and behavioral health status to determine an appropriate care
- Facilitate or participate in multi-disciplinary team staffings when necessary to determine appropriate treatment and level of care for individuals served in the care coordination
- Assist in facilitating transitions between levels of care (particularly regarding discharge from the highest levels of care) and between behavioral health
- Manage continuous communication between network providers, other service providers, consumer, and family
- Collect and compile data reports as required under the care coordination plan or as requested for special
- Inventory community resources and leverage these resources to meet the treatment needs of
- Identify strategies to eliminate organizational barriers to continuity of care that result in individuals not receiving necessary treatment and services, particularly when the individual is transitioning between levels of
- Monitoring- Assist in auditing subcontractors to ensure compliance with contract
- Consumer Affairs/Client Relations- Assist families in navigating the system. Investigate and answer DCF Tracker Provide training and technical assistance on the CFCHS Network and available resources.
- System of Care- Attend System of Care community meeting and task forces.
- Trainings- Participate in webinars, conferences, and summits, as needed to build knowledge, expertise, and improve communication among Coordinate and conduct community /network trainings as necessary.
- Community Engagement – Attend community meetings/events as assigned to represent CFCHS (weekends as necessary)
- Emergency Preparedness- Perform duties as assigned, which may include deployment during a
- It is an essential function of this position to be kind, respectful, and thoughtful to others while you are performing the duties that make up this job.
- Other Tasks- Complete other tasks as
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Exceptional commitment to diversity and inclusion; valuing a diversity of perspectives and encouraging contributions by all team members
- Must be politically astute and tactful; attentive to the perspectives and competing interests of various internal and external stakeholders
- Must possess creativity and critical thinking skills
- Above-average oral communication and business writing skills
- Ability to represent CFCHS well at funder, provider and community venues
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize to meet deadlines
- Ability to travel as required by the position
- Provide internal and external technical assistance
- Above-average knowledge of computer applications, including Microsoft Office suite
Standards of Performance
- Corporate Culture – Understand and embrace corporate mission, vision, goals and guiding principles
- Communication – Demonstrate accurate, clear concise and courteous internal/external verbal and written communication and presentations; demonstrate sound listening skills; represent CFCHS well in the community
- Quality of Work – Demonstrate accurate, neat and thorough work; infrequent errors that have minimal or no negative impact to CFCHS
- Quantity of Work – Demonstrate sound work habits; work output and timeliness positively impacts CFCHS’ overall performance
- Dependability – Complete assignments and meet deadlines; punctual and infrequent unplanned absences
- Interpersonal Skills – Maintain positive and cooperative attitude; work harmoniously with others; demonstrate effective conflict resolution and welcome constructive feedback
- Initiative – Work independently, problem solve, identify cost efficiencies, assume additional responsibility and offer support and assistance to others as appropriate
- Adaptability – Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities
- Decision Making – Demonstrate logical and sound judgment; ensure decisions are made at the appropriate level of authority
- Ethics – Adhere to Standards of Business Conduct; Demonstrate sound ethical principles in all situations; Comply with all confidentially standards, including HIPAA, as related to client and employee privacy
- Safety – Adhere to safety standards at all times
All newly hired employees and volunteers must be screened through E-Verify. CFCHS does not share any E-Verify user ID or password and all personally identifiable information is safeguarded.
All candidates must successfully complete a pre-employment Level II Background Screening. Additionally, all candidates must provide a Local Law Criminal Background verification from the county of their residence.
CFCHS is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of CFCHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by CFCHS as a result of the referral or through other means.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.indeed.com/job/care-coordination-specialist-e5886f16a611a970 →