Mental Health Services
A variety of treatment centers and programs are available to provide assistance for adults and children experiencing mental health issues in Brevard, Orange, Osceola, and Seminole counties. Listed below are the various services available.
Community Mental Health Treatment Centers – Adults and Children
- Community treatment centers receive state funds through Central Florida Cares Health System, Inc. to provide emergency mental health services, psychiatric services, residential treatment (adults only), and support services. As Public Baker Act facilities, community treatment centers can provide adults and children emergency mental health services, either on a voluntary or involuntary basis.
Florida Assertive Community Treatment (FACT) Team
- The FACT Team program is a community-based treatment, rehabilitation, and support services provided by a multi-disciplinary team to assist persons with severe and presistent mental illness.
Mental Health Clubhouse – Adults
- Provides a range of opportunities for persons with severe and persistent mental illness to independently develop, operate, and participate in social, recreational, and networking activities.
Case Management – Children
- Provides a combined process consisting of identifying the individual’s needs, planning services, linking the service system with the person, coordinating the different service options, monitoring the service delivery, and evaluating the effects of the services received.
Outpatient / In-Home and On-Site Services – (IHOS) – Children
- Therapeutic and support services are designed to improve or prevent worsening of individual mental health services must be face-to-face between the staff member and the client. In-Home and On-Site services are offered in residences, schools, detention centers, commitment settings, foster homes, and other community settings.
Residential Treatment – Adults and Children
- These services provide a structured, live-in, non-hospital setting with supervision 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year.