Complaints and Grievances

If you are not happy with the care you are receiving from any of Central Florida Cares Health System, Inc. (CFCHS) substance abuse or mental health service providers, or any of its employees, you have the right to make a complaint whether verbally, in writing, or on a formal grievance form. The complaint can be made by you, a family member or friend, your legal guardian, or authorized representative.

First, try to solve any issue at the lowest possible level with your provider. You can try to discuss your concern and complaint with a staff member or a client rights officer from the agency that is providing direct services to you.

If there is no resolution to your complaint, then the provider should make available a grievance form which is a formal way to express your dissatisfaction and seek resolution to your concern. Your service provider should give you written information about their grievance process, including time frames for conflict resolution.

In the event that the resolution from the provider is not satisfactory to you, and you have exhausted all the options for appeals at the provider level; the next step would be to present your concern to the CFCHS Risk Manager by one of two options:

  • Fill out an electronic form via our website. To fill out the form, click here.


  • Calling the CFCHS Risk Manager at (407) 985-3568

When calling, please provide detailed information of the circumstances surrounding the complaint. The following procedure will then take place:

  • If the grievance was submitted in writing to CFCHS, the Risk Manager will contact you within hours to acknowledge receipt.
  • The Risk Manager will notify the provider of the complaint within one (1) business day.
  • Within 30 days of receipt of the complaint, CFCHS shall be able to provide you with a resolution.
  • In the event that the grievance cannot be resolved within 30 days, the Risk Manager will inform you that additional time is needed to reach a resolution.
  • After you are informed of the resolution, if you are in disagreement with all or part of the proposed resolution, you may appeal to the Department of Children and Families, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Program Office for final disposition. The CFCHS Risk Manager will provide you with the name and address of the director for Central Region SAMH office for filing an appeal.