Grant-Funded Position: Full-Time Contract through December 2021
The Children’s Care Coordination Specialist is responsible for overseeing the children’s care coordination programs within CFCHS’ network. This position tracks referrals and service delivery by working closely with Care Coordinators among the Network Service Providers to ensure that the children’s behavioral needs are met. Position also provides technical assistance to the Care Coordinators, assesses and addresses quality of care issues, and monitors Network Service Provider contract compliance.
- Master’s degree in a social service field or humanities.
- Minimum of one year’s experience working in a behavioral health environment.
- Licensed as a Mental Health Counselor, Social Worker, Marriage and Family Counselor, or related field
- Experience working in not-for-profit or government behavioral health business a
Essential Job Functions
- Oversee the children’s care coordination programs within the network to ensure Network Service Providers’ compliance with CFCHS’ care coordination
- Manage and track referrals and service delivery, ensure that the treatment recommendations are implemented effectively and addresses the children’s
- Provide information and technical assistance to Network Service Providers in managing the care of children/adolescents served through the
- Work closely with the Care Coordinators within the Network Service Provider to assess the child’s needs and behavioral health status to determine an appropriate care
- Facilitate or participate in multi-disciplinary team staffings when necessary to determine appropriate treatment and level of care for individuals served in the care coordination
- Assist in facilitating transitions between levels of care (particularly regarding discharge from the highest levels of care) and between behavioral health
- Manage continuous communication between Network Service Providers, other service providers, persons served, and family
- Collect and compile data reports as required under the care coordination plan or as requested for special
- Inventory community resources and leverage these resources to meet the treatment needs of individuals
- Identify strategies to eliminate organizational barriers to continuity of care that result in individuals not receiving necessary treatment and services, particularly when the child is transitioning between levels of care.
- Monitoring – Assist in monitoring Network Service Providers to ensure compliance with contract
- Consumer Affairs/Client Relations – Assist families in navigating the Investigate and answer DCF Tracker assignments. Provide training and technical assistance on the CFCHS Network and available resources.
- System of Care – Attend System of Care community meetings and task
- Trainings – Coordinate and conduct community/network trainings as
- Community Engagement – Attend community meetings/events as assigned to represent CFCHS (weekends as necessary).
- Emergency Preparedness – Perform duties as assigned, which may include deployment during a
- It is an essential function of this position to be kind, respectful, and thoughtful to others while you are performing the duties that make up this job.
- Complete other tasks as
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Exceptional commitment to diversity and inclusion; valuing a diversity of perspectives and encouraging contributions by all team members
- Must be politically astute and tactful; attentive to the perspectives and competing interests of various internal and external stakeholders
- Must possess creativity and critical thinking skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Continually build knowledge and expertise by participating in webinars, conferences, and summits
- Above-average oral communication and business writing skills
- Ability to represent CFCHS well at funder, provider and community venues
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize to meet deadlines
- Ability to travel as required by the position
- Provide internal and external technical assistance
- Above-average knowledge of computer applications, including Microsoft Office suite
Standards of Performance
- Corporate Culture – Understand and embrace corporate mission, vision, goals and guiding principles
- Communication – Demonstrate accurate, clear concise and courteous internal/external verbal and written communication and presentations; demonstrate sound listening skills; represent CFCHS well in the community
- Quality of Work – Demonstrate accurate, neat and thorough work; infrequent errors that have minimal or no negative impact to CFCHS
- Quantity of Work – Demonstrate sound work habits; work output and timeliness positively impacts CFCHS’ overall performance
- Dependability – Complete assignments and meet deadlines; punctual and infrequent unplanned absences
- Interpersonal Skills – Maintain positive and cooperative attitude; work harmoniously with others; demonstrate effective conflict resolution and welcome constructive feedback
- Initiative – Work independently, problem solve, identify cost efficiencies, assume additional responsibility and offer support and assistance to others as appropriate
- Adaptability – Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities
- Decision Making – Demonstrate logical and sound judgment; ensure decisions are made at the appropriate level of authority
- Ethics – Adhere to Standards of Business Conduct; Demonstrate sound ethical principles in all situations; Comply with all confidentially standards, including HIPAA, as related to client and employee privacy
- Safety – Adhere to safety standards at all times
Central Florida Cares Health System, Inc. (CFCHS) is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.
CFCHS is a behavioral health administrative and management organization whose primary focus is to promote a comprehensive, seamless system of recovery and resiliency to individuals in the community who are in need of these services. CFCHS offers a comprehensive benefits package and is a smoke-free workplace.
All newly hired employees and volunteers must be screened through E-Verify. CFCHS does not share any E-Verify user ID or password and all personally identifiable information is safeguarded.
All candidates must successfully complete a pre-employment Level II Background Screening. Additionally, all candidates must provide a Local Law Criminal Background verification from the county of their residence.
CFCHS is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of CFCHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by CFCHS as a result of the referral or through other means.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.