Children’s Residential Services (SIPP/PRTS)
Residential Treatment Center (RTC) means a 24-hour residential program that provides 24-hour inpatient and highly structured level of care. RTC is used to stabilize a severely emotionally disturbed and/or psychiatrically unstable child in a short period, generally 3-6 months, within a restrictive and highly structured environment. This setting is appropriate only when least restrictive services have been attempted and have been unsuccessful.
Specialized Therapeutic Group Home (STGH) is an intensive, community-based, psychiatric, residential treatment service designed for children and adolescents with moderate-to-severe emotional disturbances. STGH is designed for youth who are ready for a step-down from a RTC or to avoid placement into a RTC.
- The child has an emotional disturbance as defined in Section 394.492(5), F.S., or a serious emotional disturbance as defined in Section 394.492(6), F.S.;
- The emotional disturbance or serious emotional disturbance requires treatment in a residential treatment center
- All available treatment that is less restrictive than residential treatment has been considered or is unavailable
- The treatment provided in the residential treatment center is reasonably likely to resolve the child’s presenting problems as identified by the licensed psychologist or psychiatrist
- The treatment facility is qualified by staff, program and equipment to give the care and treatment required by the child’s condition, age, and cognitive ability
How To Apply:
Contact a Targeted Case Manger to start the application process. See flowchart and list of TCM agencies below to help you get started.
- Aspire Health Partners: 407-875-3700 ext. 6790
- Children’s Home Society: 321-752-3170 x276 (Brevard) 407-896-2323 ext. 236 (Orange, Osceola, Seminole)
- Circles of Care: 321-726-2860
- Devereux: 321-441-8609
- Park Place Behavioral Health: 407-846-0023 ext. 1325
If you have any additional questions, please contact CFCHS’ Children’s Behavioral Health Specialist at (407) 985-3576.