Do you enjoy working with numbers and performing data analytics? Are you looking for a career where you have the ability to learn and apply new knowledge on a routine basis? This opportunity will allow you to gain knowledge of Federal, State, and Grant Funding best practices.
You’ll be responsible for performing fiscal monitoring and follow-up actions related to monitoring outcomes, performing data analysis, preparing and disseminating reports, performing general accounting functions, and assisting with independent audit and reviews by the Department of Children and Families (DCF).
▪ Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
▪ Minimum of three (3) years’ experience with full cycle accounting processes.
▪ Experience performing financial analyses required. Experience working as an auditor is a plus.
▪ Extensive knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and other MS Office products required. Experience working with MS Access is highly preferred.
▪ Experience working in not-for-profit healthcare industry preferred.
▪ Experience working in Fund Accounting preferred.
▪ Experience applying Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) preferred.
▪ Experience using Government Fund Accounting software preferred. Experience using Windows-based accounting software required.
Essential Job Functions
▪ Provider Monitoring – Lead and conduct fiscal monitoring of Providers. Maintain and update monitoring tools and reports. Prepare presentations for monitoring and analyses performed. Follow up with Providers on monitoring reports in particular corrective actions.
▪ Monitor and Review Data vs. Billing Report to ensure provider data correlates with billed services.
▪ Facilitate all tasks related to contract management rates analysis, including procurement calculation, provider wage analysis by program.
▪ Calculate costs to be allocated to various funders or DCF’s Other Cost Accumulators (OCAs).
▪ Prepare and disseminate regular reports as required by each funding contract and/or internal deadlines.
▪ Responsible for the monthly invoices to certain funding sources and the accuracy of respective AR Balances.
▪ Maintain cash flow actual and forecast analysis and report.
▪ Process budget amendments in contract and finance systems.
▪ Track and complete related funder required Incorporated Documents and reports as assigned.
▪ Create and schedule reports to balance funding in finance systems and update post-award notices.
▪ Gather, compile, and report on risk assessment data for Provider network on quarterly and annual basis.
▪ Conduct certain internal monitoring of CFCHS using applicable tools.
▪ Financial & Data Analytics – Develop and enhance analytic capabilities of CFCHS to meet strategic needs, enhance performance outcomes, and provide analysis and reports to inform decisions made by CFCHS’ Board, departments, and stakeholders.
▪ Conduct research and prepare presentations on certain Federal Requirements (OMB circulars, Block Grant etc.).
▪ Backup role for general accounting functions
o Payroll and retirement plan (generate, post, and perform related reconciliations)
o Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable
o Journal entries and general ledger (GL) account reconciliations
o Other general accounting functions as assigned
▪ Emergency Preparedness – Perform duties as assigned, which may include deployment during a disaster.
▪ It is an essential function of this position to be kind, respectful, and thoughtful to others while you are performing the duties that make up this job.
▪ Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
▪ Expert MS Office products user, specifically Excel. Expertise with PivotTables, Macros, and Access highly preferred.
▪ Working and applied knowledge of GAAP and general rules and principles related to fiscal activities
▪ Strong time management and organizational skills; ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize to meet deadlines
▪ Ability to adapt and grasp new concepts, tools, and skills quickly and efficiently
▪ Ability to work autonomously
▪ Enjoys working with data and performing data analytics
▪ Excellent listening, oral communication, and business writing skills
▪ Provide internal and external technical assistance
▪ Ability to represent CFCHS well at funder, provider, and community venues
▪ Ability to travel as required by the position
*This position requires candidates to take a Financial Analysis Skills Assessment during the interview process.
Central Florida Cares Health System, Inc. (CFCHS) is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.
We’re a not-for-profit behavioral health administrative and management organization (Managing Entity) with a community board that oversees state and federal behavioral health systems of care for Orange, Seminole, Osceola, and Brevard counties. Working with community stakeholders, we tailor funding and services to fit each community’s unique needs. Our primary focus is to promote a comprehensive, seamless system of recovery and resiliency to individuals in the community who are in need of these services.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, a hybrid work program option, and the opportunity to be creative, innovative, and forward thinking. We’re a small but mighty team of professionals who are passionate about making a difference in the lives of the people we serve and an impact in our community. CFCHS is a smoke-free workplace.
All newly hired employees and volunteers must be screened through E-Verify. CFCHS does not share any E-Verify user ID or password and all personally identifiable information is safeguarded.
All candidates must successfully complete a pre-employment Level II Background Screening. Additionally, all candidates must provide a Local Law Criminal Background verification from the county of their residence.
Financial and executive positions must successfully pass a credit report check.
CFCHS is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of CFCHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by CFCHS as a result of the referral or through other means.